Learn how to Provide First Aid with our skilled first aid trainers. We offer a range of First Aid Training and CPR Training, as well as specialised first aid courses for Childcare Industries (Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management) and Electrical Industries (Live Low Voltage Rescue).
Need an AED?
First Aid Action has partnered with LivCor to be a reseller of the new CellAED®!
The CellAED® is the smallest, most portable, and most accessible AED ever invented. The CellAED® is an inexpensive, lightweight, easy-to-use AED for homes, offices, and workplaces around the world. CellAED® is designed to save lives from sudden cardiac arrest. An arrest can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Be prepared and confident to act quickly to save a life. CellAED® can be applied in seconds.
WELCOME TO BRISBANE’S #1 FIRST AID COURSES
First Aid Action is the preferred first aid training company to many public and private organisations in road, rail, oil and gas, education, child care, medical, electrical and manufacturing industries. First Aid Action offers tailored first aid training programs to suit your industry or business requirements. Our courses are facilitated with a hands on approach using props for realistic scenarios relevant to our clients needs. We use group activities, video and PowerPoint presentations ensuring our first aid courses are interactive, engaging and an enjoyable experience. First Aid Action have first aid trainers with backgrounds in Nursing, Ambulance, Paramedic and Emergency Response. We provide on-site first aid training or have venues located in Ipswich and Brisbane. Our highly first aid trained instructors specialise in:
- First Aid Training Courses
- CPR Courses
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting (HLTAID012)
- Low Voltage Electrical Work Rescue (UETDRRF004)
First Aid Action are very flexible in the delivery of all first aid courses. All first aid and CPR training courses can be conducted on your premises for your convenience or an outside venue can be arranged.
At First Aid Action we care about the health and wellbeing of all staff, contractors, students, and their families. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from both our staff and clients. It is important that we give you as much information as possible about the procedures we adhere to maintain a sanitary environment to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
We have been actively monitoring advice from health authorities and the Australian First Aid Training Council in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and due to QLD’s amazing work at flattening the curve regarding COVID-19, resulting in the QLD Government easing and moving to Stage 6 Restrictions we have decided to put the following in place:
· Class sizes will be limited to 14 to ensure that social distancing restriction are observed, providing that the size of the training space is available under the 1 person per 2 square meter ruling or the workplace’s own COVID Safe Plan.
· Take and record all students’ temperatures on entry – anything higher than the normal range of 36°C -37°C (as per QLD Health standards) will be refused entry into the course. Any client who attends a class with flu like symptoms will be asked by the trainer to leave and will forfeit their booking.
All first aid course students are to:
· Supply their own pens/stationary
· Wear gloves when handling and using equipment
· Use face shields
· Observe all social distancing requirements – 1 person per 2 meters
Students WILL NOT SHARE the following equipment. All students will have:
· 1 bandage (single use only)
· 1 disposable triangular bandage
Students can share the following equipment – 1 between 2 people providing the manikins have been thoroughly sanitized between each person:
· · 1 adult manikin
· · 1 infant manikin
· · 1 training defibrillator
· · 1 child manikin (for HTLAID004 courses)
· · 1 EpiPen
· · 1 asthma puffer and spacer
Cleaning of Equipment:
· Alcohol swabs will be used that meets the standards of killing off COVID-19 on manikins after each use
· Antibacterial disinfectant spray will be used that meets the standards of killing off COVID-19 as well as disinfectant wipes to ensure surfaces and equipment are maintained to required standards
Implement the following as “Reasonable Adjustment for Assessing”
· All practical assessments will be performed on themselves or a manikin ie: bandaging etc
· Use disposable slings and single use bandages
· Not allowing the student to blow into the manikins but performing the breaths to the side of the manikin as per the standard set by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee
· Utilising the online learning for theory work to limit face-to-face time or completing the theory before course and sent through to trainer
ANY RESCHEDULING OF COURSES DUE TO COVID-19 WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO THE NO SHOW POLICY
If you have been in contact with any person with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19, or you yourself are feeling unwell, please call the office and reschedule at no additional cost into a class once you have the all clear from medical practitioners.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to accommodate any concerns you may have regarding the COVID-19 situation.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this constantly evolving health situation.
BRISBANE FIRST AID COURSE TESTIMONIALS
First Aid Course Testimonials from Brisbane Clients
“We had the pleasure of having our CPR and First Aid updated by First Aid Action.
Luella, the trainer was more than helpful with meeting the requirements of all individuals on the day who ranged from first time to refresher. Luella’s knowledge was vast and she spoke in laymans terms so that all could understand what the expectations were.
The equipment used was in good order and easy to use, the scenarios for incidents were well thought out and all individuals on the day reported having learned many things.
I would recommend First Aid Action to any business or persons who are looking to upskill or refresh. We are going to use them again.”
Shane M – HSE Coordinator
“I just wanted to congratulate you on a great first aid course. I have been attending first aid courses for 22 years and was a flight attendant for Ansett for eight years, where first aid was part of my daily life.
In my experience your delivery of what can sometimes be a very dry and information rich content was done in a professional, informative and interactive way. I have spoken to many of my colleagues and we all feel the same way. It’s not often I put pen to paper, however in your case I wanted to ensure that you received this feedback.”
Samantha – Operations Readiness Coordinator | Australia Pacific LNG Project – Pipelines
“I found the first aid course run by Luella Charles for First Aid Action was presented in a enthusiastic and informative manner. More importantly, Luella was able to cover all the aspects of first aid and CPR in one day instead of two, saving me valuable time. I would not hestitate to recommend her first aid courses to my family, friends and colleagues.”
Luke Physiotherapist, Physioactive (Ipswich)
“The training courses that Luella delivers are first class. Her knowledgeable, energetic and engaging style ensures that every participant is actively involved in the learning process and completes the course with genuine life saving skills.
It’s this, and the overwhelming positive feedback from our crews, that makes First Aid Action our exclusive first aid provider.”
Christiaan K – Training Coordinator for Leighton Contractors | Australia Pacific LNG Upstream Phase 1 Project