At First Aid Action we care about the health and wellbeing of all staff, contractors, students, and their families. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from both our staff and clients.
It is important that we give you as much information as possible about the procedures we adhere to maintain a sanitary environment to ensure the safety of our staff and clients. We have been actively monitoring advice from health authorities and the Australian First Aid Training Council in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and due to QLD’s amazing work at flattening the curve regarding COVID-19, resulting in the QLD Government easing and moving to Stage 6 Restrictions we have decided to put the following in place:
· Class sizes will be limited to 14 to ensure that social distancing restriction are observed, providing that the size of the training space is available under the 1 person per 2 square meter ruling or the workplace’s own COVID Safe Plan.
· Washing hands prior to entry and after any handling of equipment (for 20 seconds as per health recommendations)
· All students to sign in to the course using the QR Code available at each training session (as per Contact Tracing requirements)
· Take and record all students’ temperatures on entry – anything higher than the normal range of 36°C -37°C (as per QLD Health standards) will be refused entry into the course. Any client who attends a class with flu like symptoms will be asked by the trainer to leave and will forfeit their booking.
All students are to:
· Supply their own pens/stationary
· Wear gloves when handling and using equipment
· Use face shields
· Observe all social distancing requirements – 1 person per 2 meters
Students WILL NOT SHARE the following equipment. All students will have:
· 1 bandage (single use only)
· 1 disposable triangular bandage
Students can share the following equipment – 1 between 2 people providing the manikins have been thoroughly sanitized between each person:
· · 1 adult manikin
· · 1 infant manikin
· · 1 training defibrillator
· · 1 child manikin (for HTLAID004 courses)
· · 1 EpiPen
· · 1 asthma puffer and spacer
Cleaning of Equipment:
· Alcohol swabs will be used that meets the standards of killing off COVID-19 on manikins after each use
· Antibacterial disinfectant spray will be used that meets the standards of killing off COVID-19 as well as disinfectant wipes to ensure surfaces and equipment are maintained to required standards
Implement the following as “Reasonable Adjustment for Assessing”
· All practical assessments will be performed on themselves or a manikin ie: bandaging etc
· Use disposable slings and single use bandages
· Not allowing the student to blow into the manikins but performing the breaths to the side of the manikin as per the standard set by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee
· Utilising the online learning for theory work to limit face-to-face time or completing the theory before course and sent through to trainer
ANY RESCHEDULING OF COURSES DUE TO COVID-19 WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO THE NO SHOW POLICY
If you have been in contact with any person with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19, or you yourself are feeling unwell, please call the office and reschedule at no additional cost into a class once you have the all clear from medical practitioners.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to accommodate any concerns you may have regarding the COVID-19 situation.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this constantly evolving health situation.