It’s important that we give you as much information as possible about the procedures we adhere to in order to maintain a sanitary environment to ensure the safety of our staff and clients. Be assured that we are actively monitoring advice from health authorities and the Australian First Aid Training Council in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have put extra precautions in place to ensure client health and safety in our classes. We have put the following precautions put in place to ensure client health and safety in our classes:
- Limiting class sizes to 10 to ensure that social distances are observed
- Limiting class sizes to what is available under the 1 person per 4 square meter ruling
- Washing hands prior to entry and after any handling of equipment (for 20 seconds as per health recommendations)
- Signing a form prior to entry re illness etc
- Wearing gloves when handling equipment
- Using face shields
- Using lots and lots of alcohol swabs on manikins after each use
- All practical assessments will be performed on themselves or a manikin ie: bandaging etc
- Use of disposable slings and only use bandages once
- Students will not be in contact with one another
- We are using antibacterial disinfectant spray as well as wipes to ensure surfaces and equipment are maintained to required standards
- We are not allowing the blowing into the manikins but performing the breaths to the side of the manikin
- Students are welcome to wear face shields if they feel more comfortable
- Utilising online learning for theory work so as to limit face-to-face interaction
- Bring own biro!
ANY RESCHEDULING OF COURSES DUE TO COVID-19 WILL NOT BE SUBJECT TO THE NO SHOW POLICY If you have been in contact with any person with suspected or diagnosed COVID-19, or you yourself are feeling unwell, please call the office and reschedule at no additional cost into a class once you have the all clear from medical practitioners. Any client who attends a class with flu like symptoms will be asked by the trainer to leave and will forfeit their booking. We must ensure exclusion of anyone showing signs of being sick in our classes, for the safety of our staff and everyone else attending the training session.
It is important that we look after the welfare of our students, their families and yourselves. Please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to accommodate any concerns you may have regarding the COVID-19 situation.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this constantly evolving health situation.