It is important to know how to administer first aid and to be prepared for emergencies.
There are three types of first aid:
1. First Aid – This is the immediate care given to someone who has an injury or illness.
2. Emergency First Aid – This is the care given to someone who has a life-threatening injury or illness until they can get medical help.
3. General Care – This is the care given when someone needs comfort and reassurance but does not need medical attention at that time.
We cover all three types in our first aid courses:
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAI009)
- Provide basic emergency life support (HLTAID010)
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID011)
- Provide First Aid in an education and care setting (HLTAID012)
- Provide Advanced First Aid (HLTAID014)
- Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (HLTAID015)
We also have specialised courses that are designed to teach first aid to particular industries:
- Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel (UETDRRF004)
- Operate as part of an emergency control organisation (PUAFER005)
- Confine Small Emergencies in a Facility (PUAFER008)
First Aid Action is a Registered Training Organisation (31668) offering Nationally Accredited courses in First Aid.