The nominal hours for the Provide First Aid unit of competency are 18 hours. However, you are combining a one day instruction course with the completion of this self-paced workbook.
The self-paced workbook is to be used with the Active First Aid manual, from which you will find all of the answers. This course is designed for the participant who is required to hold a Statement of Attainment by completing the following unit of competence:
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
This self-paced workbook is a learning tool. The workbook allows you to go through the required theory in your own time and pace instead of a classroom setting.
The workbook is divided into the same sections as the ‘Active First Aid’ manual. After reading the relevant sections, please ensure you:
· Answer all questions
· Write clearly and legibly
· Circle the appropriate answer
o ‘Yes’ or ‘No’
o ‘True’ or ‘False’
During the one day instruction you will complete:
· Completion and success of assessments for HLTAID003 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
· HLTAID003 Knowledge Assessment
· HLTAID003 Practical Demonstration
· HLTAID003 Case Study
· HLTAID003 Other Evidence Record (if relevant to student)
The workbook needs to be completed prior to your attendance at the 1-day instruction unless alternative arrangements have been made by your facilitator.